Monday, November 26, 2007

An Open Letter to Dave Winer, Jeff Bezos, Guy Kawasaki, Bill Gates, President Bush and Others on the Kindle

Well I've wrapped up the Kindle(ing) (heh) in the holiday wrapping paper Maryam bought from Patrick's school. Just trying to figure out what geek would want it for Christmas. Maybe you could leave me a comment if you want it. I know I don't want it.

How frustrating. I paid $400 for a boat anchor. Thanks Jeff Bezos. Thanks Microsoft. Thanks Dave Winer. Thanks Guy Kawasaki. Thanks President Bush. Sheesh.

The Kindle would be worth keeping if it let me store all of my social networks in one place and read them backwards. Kind of like on the Beatles album when everyone thought it said "Paul is dead" if you played it backwards? But the truth is, no one can friend me on a Kindle. So what good is it?

If the kindle acted like Facebook or Twitter in hardware form, sure, it would be worth it. That would be cool. I could carry around all of my friends. Maybe I could skype on it and then it would be like a good mobile phone.

But it doesn't do any of that.

All you can do on the Kindle is read books. What is that about?

---
reference.
---